Personal Finance Resources:
Why Personal Finance is exciting!
- to pay off the credit cards (finally)
- start tackling my student loans
- start saving for an all-cash wedding
- to purchase a home
- Keep using the Dames in Debt website to blog about my progress and the various ways I’m saving money.
- Get a dog! I am adopting a miniature schnauzer in March 2018, and I’m so excited for my new friend.
Kathryn’s Debt and Strategy
- Credit card debt (~$16,000 on two): two years of hefty $750/month payments and very little spending on things I didn’t need; Starbucks once a month has really been one of my only splurges. Progress = done in December 2017!
- For the student loans, I’ll be snowballing most of the former credit card payment onto those – the remainder of that payment will go to my savings goals.
- Currently, she’s investing in Target-date mutual funds
What resources do you recommend for other Ambitious Adults to learn about money?
- Making Sense of Cents
- Bridget Casey (Canadian)
Other posts you might like (recommended by Liz):
- Money and self-esteem
- How I made an extra $2,000 a month
- How I graduated university debt-free
- How to start investing