For the past 4 months, I’ve been wanting to re-do my stairs. From day 1, I knew I was going to rip up the carpet on the stairs. There were stains everywhere that no amount of cleaning could take out. The house also smelled musty and like wet-dog and I knew that removing the carpet would eliminate the odour.
Alas, it’s been a few weeks since I ripped up the carpet with my brother and I’ve made very little progress. Here is what is holding me back:
- I have to fix the stairs and make them less squeaky. This involves reinforcing the risers with another piece of wood cut exactly to size.
- I am still removing staples left behind from the carpet
- I need to figure out how to stain the wood
- I need to decide if I am going to use a runner
- I need to find time to dedicate to this project
If anyone wants to help me finally finish the stairs- let me know!